Release Notes: BTFS
- Fixed set path issue on Windows
- Wallet deposit: Added retry when close channel failed
- Fixed Windows set path issue
- Fixed large file challenge and response timeouts
- Query BTT wallet public address to show on Wallet UI
- Removed btfs.io from gateway domain list to use specific fqdn
- Host Folder Modification: Hosts can choose which folder to store files during the setup phase or on the dashboard.
- Host Price Announcement: Host can set their own hosting price.
- Wallet Import: BTFS users can import their existing wallet with BTFS by using memory phrases or a private key.
- Wallet Recovery: BTFS users can retrieve their wallet’s recovery information on the wallet dashboard.
- Host score metrics update in the tooltip.
- Host: Implemented Host folder modification feature, added a check to verify if the new destination folder has enough storage
- Wallet: Added commands for BTFS wallet recovery function
- Wallet: Implemented transfer function to on-chain public addresses
- Wallet: Implement a feature that regularly checks pending txs, and attempts to re-do the txs
- Renter: Added commands to display Renter file information: file hash, file size, and storage duration (or start/end date)
- General: Upgraded libraries from upstream to improve network stability and scalability
- Fixed issues causing the blank UI page.
- BTFS Init Flag: Fixed an issue when btfs init flag –import or -i cannot specify key type and import private key at the same time; Does not generate the same PeerID
- New BTFS Wallet Dashboard
- New wallet creation onboarding flow
- Password encryption
- Confirm recovery phrases
- Transfer BTT between BTFS in-app wallet (off-chain) and BTT crypto wallet (on-chain)
- Show local transactions
- Windows: Improved btfs.exe reliability on Windows
- Optimized to try for all Hosts: Fixed a bug to ensure all hosts are tried for file shard storage.
- BIP39 Key Generation: Default key generation updated to BIP39. An existing Secp256k1 TRON private key can still be imported by running btfs init -i <secp256k1 private key>.
- Unit Update to microBTT: Previously all BTT denominations were in units of Just. This is now updated to micro-BTT.
- Add Argument Checks on P2PCall Functions – Fixed an issue with out of range panics during storage upload init call. Also ensured that sending upload requests from older version renter does not result in panic.
- BTFS Storage Contracts List Output Correction – Fixed an output associated with the btfs storage contracts list host command. Previously, the renter_id field showed the peer ID of the BTFS host, while the host_id field showed a different peer ID for each contract. The fix ensures that the host_id field is the same for each contract, and shows the Host ID.
- Fixed Storage Upload Error with Testnet – Fixed an issue in which the Testnet is unable to find valid hosts
- Go Version Update – Developers building go-btfs from source must use Go 1.14.
- Optimized Storage Upload Hosts Syncing – Optimized the storage upload hosts syncing process for asynchronous syncing.
- API Endpoint Config Local Access Only – Config file reset so that API endpoints are only accessible locally.
Detailed release notes:
- Release notes to Renters
- To ensure the smoothest file upload possible, please ensure your go-btfs daemon is updated to the latest version.